• Launched in 2010 on Laguna Coupé, striking Monaco GP limited edition is now being added to Mégane Coupé, based on Dynamique TomTom trim level
• Unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show, the Mégane Coupé Monaco GP limited edition will be sold in 14 countries. UK launch is set for April 2011
• A new version of Laguna Coupé Monaco GP will also be launched in the UK from April 2011
Having played a headlining role in the finest moments at the motorsport mecca that is the Monaco Grand Prix, Renault developed the Monaco GP limited edition for its Laguna Coupé last year, aimed at fans of elegance, sport and style. Now set to join it on the grid after its debut at the Geneva Motor Show, is the curvaceous Mégane Coupé version.
A shared signature for Monaco GP limited edition: elegance, sport and style
The Monaco GP limited edition models are big on personality. On Mégane Coupé, the front end with its sleek headlights and large air intake give it a dynamic stance, enhances by its broad haunches. Its imposing design is accentuated in this limited edition through pearlescent Arctic White paint, together with gloss black body components – door mirrors, rear diffuser and foglight surrounds, black headlight masks and “Monaco GP” badging.
Everything on the inside expresses its impeccable build quality and stylish sportiness. Among its original touches are Arctic white cabin details (console, dashboard trim, door handles), plus exclusive “Monaco GP” stitching on the seats, a numbered plaque and “Monaco GP” floor mats.
Monaco GP features the very best in technology for unrivalled efficiency and peace of mind, including the latest-generation dual-chamber airbags, plus impressive grip whatever the conditions thanks to ESC. The chassis too was specially designed to bring drivers optimal control and driving thrills, without affecting comfort.
Mégane Coupé Monaco GP
The Mégane Coupé Monaco GP limited editions features all the equipment of the Dynamique trim, including Carminat TomTom Live satellite navigation, plus:
- 17-inch ‘Celsium’ gloss black alloy wheels
- GT/GT Line front and rear bumpers
- Unique carbon grey upholstery with Monaco GP logo
- Rear parking sensors
- Electric folding door mirrors
Two engines are on offer with the latest addition to the Mégane family. The 1.9 dCi 130 uses the best in dCi combustion and turbo technology and emits just 135g/km of CO2, while the TCe 130 benefits from the latest advances in downsizing, enabling a 1.4-litre powerplant to boast the torque of a two-litre and the power of a 1.8-litre.