After numerous sightings and ahead of the Geneva Autoshow Munich’s BMW have made the 2012 M6 official in both Cabriolet and Coupe form.
And with all the rumors it is .2 of a second faster than the M5.
• New edition of the BMW M6 in the body styles Coupe and Convertible; outstanding intense M feeling, combined with fascinating aesthetic design, luxurious appearance, four seats and innovative features, high performance sports cars with superior performance characteristics, and specially exclusive character; BMW M6 Coupé and BMW M6 Convertible each with a unique position in the premium segment of the luxury class with superior driving dynamics and M typical design harmony with high everyday practicality, groundbreaking evolution of both vehicle concepts due to significantly increased efficiency, streamlined operating structure for the individualization of the car set-ups and enhanced diversity in the range of driver assistance and infotainment functions from BMW ConnectedDrive .
• Expressive exterior design with dynamic elegance of line and trademark M athletics as an authentic visualization of high-performance features, the BMW M6 Coupé with distinctive contoured roof made of carbon fiber-reinforced plastic; BMW M6 convertible with a high-quality soft top in a characteristic fin look.
• High-rotating 4.4-liter V8 engine with M twin-turbo technology, consisting of Twin Scroll Twin Turbo Technology, zylinderbankübergreifendem exhaust manifold, fuel injection High Precision Injection and fully variable valve control VALVETRONIC, M typical power delivery with its eager responsiveness and long-lasting thrust; highest performance in the segment, 412 kW/560 hp at 6000-7000 min-1, maximum torque: 680 Nm ab1 500 min-1, Maximum speed: 7200 min-1; engine power by 10, maximum torque increased by 30 percent as previous models.
• Acceleration: 0-100 km / h in 4.2 seconds (BMW M6 Coupé) or 4.3 seconds (BMW M6 Convertible), 0-200 km / h in 12.6 (13.1) seconds, electronically limited top speed 250 km / h (305 km / h with M Driver’s Package).
• Exceptionally low compared to previous models significantly optimized balance of performance and fuel economy, average fuel consumption in the EU test cycle of 9.9 litres/100 km (BMW M6 Coupé) and 10.3 litres/100 km (BMW M6 Convertible), Auto Start Stop function and other EfficientDynamics technology as standard, fuel consumption in comparison with the former models by more than 30 percent.
• seven-speed M double-clutch transmission with Drivelogic traction optimized automatic gear selection, launch control and low-speed assistance; specific M gear selector; newly designed M leather steering wheel with shift paddles.